Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thoughts and ramblings

Sitting in a café bar with my café con leche and racione. Breakfast of champions. Keeping an eye on the bike. Already one guy came and warned me.

The ubiquitous TV is on the wall in the corner (the sports channel of course) and the morning radio talk show is blaringwas t.

A late start; after nine. Contrary to my fears I can still move my legs and my bum still has feeling. Even my knees seem to have survived although they are reminding me of their presence.

During much of the ride yesterday I had to concentrate on not squashing the enormous slugs on the road. That was new. The countryside was beautiful, even in the pouring rain. When it rains really really hard and it's cold it really hurts your face and seems to go straight through your glasses. Odd, that.

I saw a camper van coming the other direction. Something odd about the driver I thought. For a second I thought he was wearing a helmet. But it was better than that. He was wearing a captain's cap. Straight out of the Love Boat. Clearly the van was his 'ship' and he was the captain.

Riding up the mountains yesterday felt at times like riding up a river, there was that much water streaming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment