Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day -1: Bike set up,tested and packed

Rain on and off the whole day. By remarkable coincidence, each time I went for a ride to test the bike or to buy some bits and pieces, it rained. At least that means I got to test the wet weather gear I suppose!

The bike is now set up with seat and handlebars adjusted. I spent a ridiculous amount of time (some might justifiably say that I wasted the time) to get the bike speedometer (which I had brought with me and foolishly expected to work since it was brand new) working, including finding a shop that sold the special battery it turned out I didn't need. Of course some of that time was spent waiting for the shops to open after lunch at 14:30. Being close to Spain here clearly means working on Spanish time.

At least it gave me a little time to explore the town and get used to my new bike, which was a little bonus

The easiest bit actually turned out to be packing the panniers which easily swallowed all my stuff. It helped that I had done a test pack before leaving home of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment