Friday, May 23, 2014

Bunk beds and snoring

The night before, sharing a room with the 'girls' was a relatively quiet event. Except for the whispered conversations between the Spaniards in the early morning. Last night I experienced the snoring that I had read about. I even came prepared with ear plugs as a last resort. With a room with many males the snoring was pretty impressive and it seemed that whenever one went quiet, several others would take their place. I suspect that some of the older and larger 'boys' were probably the culprits.

Then around 5:30 the first stirrings could be heard as those wanting an early start started getting ready. The occasional flicker of torches could be seen as people searched in their packs. By 6:30 many have left already and things are getting a little quieter again. It's 9 degrees outside (at least according to my smartphone), I am still on my top bunk observing the preparations. It's now 07:00 and time to get up.

I am getting better at typing on a smartphone although it's a painful process. I hope you are reading this slowly because I am certainty writing it slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment